Life Sciences Building
AF Gruppen contributes to the construction of the new Life Sciences building at the University of Oslo.
About the project
AF Gruppen has the contract for plumbing works in the Life Sciences Building. The contract is a turnkey contract with collaboration and includes sanitation, heating, fire extinguishing, gas and compressed air, process and comfort cooling. The contract consists of a collaboration phase followed by execution.
NOK 300 millionContract Value
Norway's largest university building
The Life Sciences Building is the largest university building in Norway and is part of the University of Oslo. The building measuring almost 66,700 square metres is Statsbygg's largest construction project and will be completed in 2024. The total budget is approximately NOK 7 billion, including user equipment.
The building is intended to contribute to:
- Extensive interdisciplinary collaboration to address major societal challenges in health and the environment
- Closer cooperation with healthcare enterprises, municipalities and industry and commerce to provide higher quality and relevance in research and the education of the workforce of tomorrow.
- Better utilisation of the innovation potential in research.
- Secure Norway international competitiveness in life sciences.
- The new building at Gaustad in Oslo will house 1,600 students and 1,000 employees at the University of Oslo, as well as industry and commerce and other partners. The Life Sciences Building is to be certified as a sustainable building in the BREEAM Excellent class, which is the second highest distinction for how climate-friendly a building can be.
The contract itself will be divided into two phases, where the first phase is a collaboration contract where the aim is to end with an execution contract. The purpose of the collaboration process is to utilise the contractor's expertise in integrated collaboration with other contractors, the developer and the design and planning function to the benefit of the project.